We need to establish rules and we need you to read them before you submit a review request so you understand our policy here. All reviews on books that we are requested to review will be done in a fair and honest manner about the book and what’s inside.
Our policy is as it states below for many reasons, including making sure that we are contacted by people who are writing what we enjoy reading, and to make sure that those who do request have read the rules thoroughly so that we have fewer email we have to delete. Some of the rules listed here are because people have tried to do such things and we realized we had to make rules about it.
For how your book will be scored, please go here.
1. We reserve the right to deny any book we wish whether it’s based on time constraints or if it doesn’t fit our blog.
2. You must be willing to provide a free copy of your book for us to use for review. If it has already been released to the public we request a finished copy. If not, we will expect an ARC copy.
- 2.1. ARC copies are only accepted if there are more than two weeks before it’s being published. Otherwise, we require a finished copy if at all possible.
- 2.2. While Bri does accept physical copies, she currently does not accept them because she is moving and when everything has been straightened out she will begin accepting them again.
- 2.3. Iris only accepts ebook copies, they must also be Kindle format but PDF format works just as well.
- 2.3.1 You can send the Kindle formatted book after being approved either as an email attachment (mobi/prc), or gift it directly from Amazon to our email.
3. You may send audiobook request for your novel.
- 3.1 All rules for other books apply to audiobook request as well.
- 3.2 As only Bri has an Audible account and a way to listen to audiobooks she is the only one taking request for them.
4. Do not send erotica book request. Those emails will be promptly deleted and never replied to.
- 4.1 This does not mean that your book can not have sex. If it is labeled as an erotica book, or we feel the book is too explicit/there is too much sex and can be labeled as erotica due to its explicitness then we will deny it or drop it depending on what stage your request had reached by that point.
- 4.2 Our definition of explicit is sex in books that is very detailed. The more detailed, the more explicit and the reverse is true in our opinion as well.
- 4.3 If your book has only one or two explicit scenes then it will be fine but please make us aware of this as each blogger has a different comfort zone with explicit material in books.
5. Books in a series that you are trying to promote may be accepted. If you are trying to promote a certain book in a series please be willing to provide a copy of all previous books in the series if asked. We will check our book list and see if we have any of the books in said series OR if we already own said book in this series.
- 5.1 If we own the book you’re requesting for review we will tell you that your request has been accepted, but that no copy need be provided for review.
- 5.2 If we own certain books in the series we will only ask for the books that we do not have
- 5.3 You may include novellas that go with the series if you like if we accept the request
- 5.4 Please have the subject line “Book Review Request for Book [#] in [Insert series title]” for these kinds of request
6. We only want books of 100 pages or longer for review. Anything shorter is likely to not be accepted but please do not hesitate to ask even if it is. We accept many request and as long as it fits into our age group/genre’s that we prefer. We will deliberate it before letting you know.
- Novella’s are exempt from this rule. Please have the subject line read “Novella Review Request” so we know it is a novella.
7. Promotions through spotlights, interviews, guest post, cover reveals, dream cast, playlist, excerpts, etc. are allowed. Please include a request for one in your email if you would like.
- 7.1 If you are looking to just promote your work please have the subject line “[Promo type] Request for [Insert Title]”
- 7.2 If you would also like to promote your work let us know in your initial email to us.
8. You can ask for a date for your book to be reviewed by, however due to our schedules with reading and our occasional tendency to read what catches our eye it is not uncommon that we don’t get to books as soon as we planned.
9. Book request by Indie authors are not only allowed, but highly encouraged. We love helping all Indie authors get the word about their book out!
- 9.1 Indie authors please have your books edited professionally, otherwise we reserve the right to drop your book for this reason alone.
- 9.1.1 “Professionally” in this instance means have it edited by someone who knows what they are doing so there no obvious spelling errors, punctuation error, grammar errors, plot holes, and/or plot inconsistencies. It does NOT mean that it has to be an actual professional who helps you edit your book.
- 9.2 For request by Indie authors, please also add “Indie author” to the subject (“[Post Type] Request for Indie author” or “Indie Author Request for [Post Type]” for example)
10. If something comes up about the book that happens between us receiving the book and the review, please let us know. This includes pulling it from the market to revise, a new cover, new purchase links, sequels being planned/released, etc.
- 10.1 If pulled from market you can ask us to drop the planned review until further notice and send the newly revised edition when its available if you would still like us to review it, no new acceptance for the novel needed. Please title your email “Requesting [insert your title here] to be Dropped” for easier sorting.
- For sending revised edition emails should have the subject read “Revised Edition for [Insert Title]”
- We do check all of our previously accepted novels so please do not try to use this as a way to make us read your book thinking we won’t notice.
- 10.2 If a new cover is released you may email us and tell us about it and attach an image. You can also request a cover reveal when we are reading it still; after the review you will have to email us and let us know when it becomes available in your new cover so we can schedule it. We expect this to be done like our other cover reveals. Please check the post tagged with “cover reveal” if you need an idea. Please title your email “New Cover for [insert your title here]” for easier sorting.
- 10.3 New purchase links can be submitted after acceptance of your novel. Please title your email “New Purchase Links for [Insert title]” for easier sorting.
11. We will always read the first seventy pages (or 30% if an ebook doesn’t have a page count) of an accepted review copy. After that we reserve the right to drop it at any point we please. We will notify you if we do drop it and list the reasons why we have dropped it.
- 11.1 We hereby promise that we will let you know if we are dropping your book. Please take our reasons seriously, we are both very well read and sometimes we can be a little stiff on our reading and how we view it.
12. Any questions, comments, or concerns about our rules please contact us about them.
13. You can request a review from a specific reviewer after looking at the Blogger’s Preferred Genre’s page to see if it matches their interest. If you do not have a preference on who reviews your book it will be reviewed on the basis of whoever can get to it sooner and finds the book interesting.
14. Please tell us your book’s intended age range (MG, YA, NA, etc.), genre/subgenre’s, release date, and include the Goodreads summary of your book so that we know you read the rules. Please be courteous after sending an email to wait for a reply and do not email us constantly between us receiving your book and the date we post a review if you did not specify a date.
- 14.1 All media pieces (links, publisher, summary, release date, cover, author photo & bio) can be included in an attached media kit. If you’re approved for a promo post you can send other promotional materials inside the media kit as well.
- 14. 2 We asks for you to provide all of the available purchase links for your book so that we can get your book looked at by a wider range of audience other than those who live in just the USA.
Email us at email@example.com with the appropriate subject line and Bri will answer as soon as possible. (Within 1-10 business days)
You can also fill out this form here and one of us will get back to you as soon as possible. (Within 1-10 business days)