Hello everyone, Iris here with an announcement for you. Due to recent events in the lives of both Bri and me we’ve decided to make a decision that will hopefully be beneficial for the blog. We’re opening up one or maybe two positions for a new co-reviewer as well as three to four positions for some guest reviewers.
The different between a co-reviewer and a co-blogger is that (as it says) those of you who apply to become a co-reviewer will only have the responsibility of adding reviews to the site. Guest reviewers will be doing the same thing, except they will not have to post as often as a co-reviewer. If you’re familiar with our blog (or if you’re new, welcome to our site!) then you know we place our focus more on YA novels, but we also have MG, NA, and Adult books in our midst. So long as its not erotica (or very explicit) we welcome you to post a review of it. Don’t let what we post influence you, as we’re looking to expand what we have on our blog.
What We’re Looking For
- Potential co-reviewers who are willing to post at least once at least every week. Guest reviewers must be willing to post at least once every month.
- You must have timely replies to emails sent from either of the bloggers emails. We understand that things do come up, but we will want to know why you didn’t respond earlier if it has been more than 28 hours since we sent an email (or 18 for urgent emails)
- Again, NO erotica type books. We understand that Adult books will have more sex than say a YA book but if the sex is very explicit we advise that you would ask either Bri or me before you post the review here. This is a primarily YA blog with a scattering of MG, NA, and Adult books with no erotica or heavily explicit type books and we would love to keep it that way.
- Your reviews must be honest, no matter how you obtain the book (bought, gifted, solicited/unsolicited review copies, etc.).
- We require that your reviews not be a lengthy essay, but they may not be too short either (you can reference our reviews from this year if you need to)
- If you do want to join a blog tour for a book, you must check with us first to make sure we have free dates for that tour to happen and so that we can approve a book (don’t worry, in any case of a blog tour Bri and I have always cleared it with the other before joining so you will not be the only one doing this).
- Twitter AND Goodreads accounts are not required but its great if you have them! As you will be members of Books and Ashes, you will have the opportunity to use our Twitter to promote your posts, and Bri will be in charge of putting your review up on our Goodreads if you do not have one (and/or do not want to make one as well).
- Comment back to those you receive on YOUR post. One unanswered comment here and there is acceptable, but please do try to answer all the comments you get. And don’t forget to go to their blog and leave a comment on one of their posts as well! (Some exceptions do apply)
Advantages of Joining Us
- You can use the stats for Books and Ashes for soliciting ARC’s or eARC’s. As an added bonus, you will also have access to our NG and Edelweiss accounts (more on that if you get accepted as a co-reviewer or guest reviewer).
- We get a healthy amount of request from authors to review their books, and if neither of us want a copy (or if you and one of us does) you’ll be available to read and review the book as well.
- If you’re in the USA, any ARC copies that we get can be happily sent along to you, just remember that you must be willing to do the same for us!
Please be aware that this will be a long-term commitment on your part, but that having a book blog, or even being familiar with the process is not required. Whether this will be your first time blogging, or you’re joining because you want to, we welcome any and all applications for being a co-reviewer. Just send the following information to email@example.com with the subject as “Co-reviewer application” and we’ll respond to those who we feel will be good applicants after the end of the signup date and move forward from there to a Q&A section to help us choose. Thank you all for reading this far, and we hope to see your application in our inbox!
Country you live in
Blog (if you have one)
Do you know either blogger?
A little about yourself so we can get a feel of who you are
Social media? (Tumblr, Twitter, Goodreads, etc.)
Why do you want to join Books and Ashes?
Questions or comments?